Weeeee-hooooo

I have had three days of riding Stella and so far so good. I totally missed that kamikaze mailbox that decided to jump out in front of me. And the wobbly starts? That's just how I roll.

I took the written portion of the motorcycle exam yesterday and passed with flying colors. In Georgia, you must take a two-part written exam in order to get a learner's permit to ride. Since I passed, I can now (legally) ride Stella during daylight hours, as long as I don't take her on the interstate or ride with a passenger. I guess that means no more picking up hitchhikers for me. (Kidding, Mom!)

So I gave Dave a month before he caved and bought a bike for himself, right? Well I was wrong, wrong, wrong. He bought this bike yesterday and now I will be forever saying, "WAIT FOR MEEEEEEEEE!" We brought it home last night, borrowing a trailer from my work. Dave towed it with the Yukon and I followed in his truck. About a mile from the house, one of the two straps holding the bike secure on the trailer came undone and the whole bike shifted. I was talking on the cell phone with mom and had to hang up really fast, scaring her to death by saying something like. "IT JUST BROKE I HAVE TO GO." I called Dave and told him to slowly come to a stop or else his new baby was going to fall over. We pulled into someone's driveway (Thanks, strangers, for letting us use your conveniently located circular driveway!) and Dave reconnected the strap that had slipped.

The moral of the story: Check your tie-downs after driving a few miles. Oh and watch those mailboxes. They can be a tad unpredictable.

3 comments:

bluesleepy said...

YAY for Dave's new bike! And YAY for passing your written test! You are so incredibly brave. Good for you, Chelle!!

Tracy27 said...

Congratulations to Dave on his new ride, too. You two are going to be so cute out on the road together. Do we get to give name suggestions for his bike too?

Chelle said...

Oh, absolutely, Tracy. Pictures are forthcoming. I was just too tired (traumatized) yesterday to take any!