broken

I am still a little sore today from tiling this past weekend. The areas completed this time were the kitchen, hallway, laundry room and foyer. Oh, tiling, I am so over you!

We got a very late start back home Sunday, so I only got three hours of sleep before I had to be up for work on Monday morning. We are having a training class the first two days this week, so I could not take the day off. Plus, I do not have enough vacation days and want to save them for fun stuff, not sleeping. Dave did not have to work, so he was able to sleep in. Lucky bastard.

Last night after work, four of us gals from the office went to a local bar for drinks after work. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, the bar was packed. I drank two green beers in honor of the holiday and got to gossip about office politics. Yay! Our receptionist, B, had a few margaritas and got a teensy bit tipsy. So our drinks after work turned into dinner, which turned into dancing. L and I finally ordered coffee to help everyone sober up and we finally called it a night around 9. Which doesn't seem that late, but we needed to be back at the office at 8am. This morning, I got a call from B saying she wasn't going to be in to work because she thinks she may have broken her wrist. ACK! You see, B is 64 but last night she was partying like a rock star. L and I are both in our twenties and we felt like we were barely keeping up! At one point, B fell on the dance floor and that's when she must have hurt her wrist, but she doesn't remember. She is getting it checked out today and I hope she is okay. But man, what a party!


1 comment:

bluesleepy said...

B definitely sounds like someone you want to hang out with at the bar!! Sorry to hear about her wrist; I hope she heals quickly.

I've only been to a bar once on St Patrick's Day, and that was right after I turned 21. And boy, did I get DRUNK. Plus I had to work the next morning in the basement of the library... it was crazy.