An update

There has been so much excitement around here lately, I'm not sure where to start. So I will make a list:

1) Gavin is better. He tested negative for all sorts of nasty-sounding things and after two enimas, three separate overnight stays at two separate veterinary clinics, and our emptying of our wallets over six hundred dollars, he has finally pooped, has stopped throwing up, and is back to treating us like his royal majesty's personal servants.

2) I went to Savannah over the weekend. Dave went to Huntersville, NC. Both trips were for fun. He was participating in yet another Scottish Highland Athletic Competition and I was ghost hunting, drinking, and soaking up the sunshine. Our lovely, though a bit nosy, across the street neighbors fed the dogs and have offered to do so in the future for our little over-nighters. This is a really good thing when you own two labs that are not easily transported everywhere you would like to go.

3) I have learned that I am not a person who is sensitive to paranormal energy. No spirits tried to communicate with me and I did not get to witness even an unexplained noise or movement. Ghosts, if you want to talk to me, better not be subtle!

4) I miss the ocean! We visited Tybee Island before leaving for home on Sunday and I highly recommend it as a place to visit if you ever want to visit an East Coast beach.

5) Do not ever stay at the Savannah River Inn. It is ghetto. The "lobby" is a desk in what used to be a hotel room. And the person manning said desk is rude. I am happy that Hotwire refunded my money and I was able to stay at a much nicer hotel in the historic district.

6) Sunday evening I was productive! I cleaned litter boxes. I did laundry. I washed dishes. And then I dropped dead from exhaustion.

7) Today is Tuesday and I rode the bike to work today for the first time since purchasing her at the beginning of last month. And just in time, too. Gas prices ain't lookin' so good.

2 comments:

bluesleepy said...

Congrats on riding the bike successfully to work!! You are one bad biker babe, my friend. ;o)

I don't believe in ghosts, but when I see wisps of fog floating through the air just so (more likely in Seattle), I like to think they're ghosties watching over me. Kurt thinks I'm nuts.

Tracy27 said...

You know, I'd have been tempted to have that $600 poo of Gavin's bronzed or something.

What a drag that you didn't get even nudged by a spectral presence! Next time you visit a haunted place, maybe you should try to do so with Violet, the ghost whisperer.