Foolishly fun



Today is Tuesday, It is also the first day of April and The Day of the Prank. I've never been a big prankster and I'm rarely the one on whom pranks are pulled. I guess I'm not very gullible; or maybe it's that I tend to take a swing at people who try and trick me.

This past weekend was Dave's first Scottish Athletic competition of the year, the Mint Hill Scottish Games. He came in second overall, winning first place in the Caber toss, the 56# weight for height and the 28# weight for distance. I went for moral support and I froze my butt off. I spent a good portion of the time sitting in the car, reading my book, so there are very few pictures. Plus, it rained on and off all day. Here are someone else's pictures if you are interested: http://highlandgames.us/2008Pages/08MintHill.htm.

I have decided that I am not going to attend any more of Dave's games, unless, of course, friends and family are present. It really is a very manly sport and there is a great deal of camaraderie between the players and I end up feeling like I am intruding when I try to hang out around Dave. So this will be his "man time" and I will either travel with him and go do my own thing in whatever city we are in, or I will stay home and babysit the pets.

I drove us home Saturday night, through the rain and it was so lovely to be home and in my own bed again. Sunday was a lazy day, until dinner. We met my Dad and his family, and my aunt and her family at our favorite sushi restaurant. Then my aunt et al came over to my house for coffee and to visit a little longer. My cousin is looking at colleges and was here from Jacksonville to tour Georgia Tech, though I am trying to convince her that Florida would be a MUCH better choice.

This week, Dave is on nights, so it will be quiet for me at the house, which is perfect. I've been needing some me time. I left my book at work today, which is a bummer, but maybe I should watch a movie instead. I guess I could always start another one, even though it feels like cheating on the first one.

I'm am currently being stared at by a few pairs of beady eyes. I think the cats are trying to telepathically tell me that it is time to be fed.

Things that make me happy:
* I am switching my company's web hosting to a new company because our current company needs to learn the art of customer service.
* A good friend is sending me a mixed cd and I cannot wait to get it.
* I unexpectedly received pretty magnets in the mail from another friend yesterday and I love them! Totally made my day.
* Text messages from Catiecake.
* New parts for a broken motorcycle were waiting on my front porch today. My mechanic (Dave) should have all repairs completed by this weekend. Yay!
* 10 Cakes

1 comment:

bluesleepy said...

Dave looks awfully manly in a kilt!!

I think that's an excellent idea, that if you're going to go with him, that you find something else to do while he's at his games. Think of all the museums you can see! You could find the largest rubber band ball in the US! OK, maybe not that, but you get my drift.