the very first day of my favorite month

It is October 1st and I am so glad September is gone. That month was beginning to stink, if you ask me. October is so much better...the leaves start to change, Halloween is fast approaching, and the holidays are getting close, but not close enough for the panic to set in. Dave has already put up the Halloween lights on the outside of our house and we'll work on adding fake spider webs over the next few weeks. I love Halloween and can't wait to have kids that I can dress up and take trick-or-treating. I have been so tempted to dress up the dogs, but so far, have kept myself under control.

October is my favorite month and I have a feeling that this one will prove to be one of the best yet. I have a trip to Florida planned with some really great gals and I cannot wait to see them again. This weekend is going to be so much fun.

While I am gone, Dave will get to take care of all of the animals, including the new cat that has decided to adopt us (though I am considering taking Prue so that she can play with my mom's dog Brynn, who happens to be her sister. Did I just confuse you?) The new cat showed up while I was in Florida for my grandmother's stroke scare, and Dave fed him. So now he will not leave. I wonder if he was left behind by former neighbors who have been forced to move because of foreclosure? We've had a lot of those in my area lately. New Cat seems well fed and is super friendly, so I'm not she if he needs adopting. But he has stuck around for almost two weeks now. And yes, we've started feeding him. How could we not? I mean look at that face!



And if that doesn't warm the cockles of your heart, how 'bout this one:



I guess once we've figured out what to name him, he's ours. I think when a strange cat adopts you, it brings good luck. I also think a fourth cat officially makes me a crazy cat lady.

2 comments:

Tracy27 said...

PLEASE bring Prue! Your co-travellers are dog-loving mamas, so I bet they'd concur.

Chelle said...

She's coming! I have her at work with me right now...she's going to go with me to pick up Traci and Beth and then the four of us are heading to Florida. :)