When procrastination pays off

For a long time now, I have been wanting a smart phone so I can access my email and favorite web pages no matter where I am. I kept putting it off because it just seemed like so much money to spend, not only on the fancy phone but also on the data plan so that browsing the internet would not end up costing a fortune. And also I am just that good at procrastinating. I think the planets must have been aligned just right this weekend, because I was kept very busy discovering newfangled technology, such as: Zappos.com, Netflix, and the Blackberry Curve.

Verizon was running a deal on the Curve, and though I was skeptical, we decided to check it out. We ended up with not only a Curve, but also a fancy new Motorola phone for Dave. And the price? Free! It seems we had waited so long to upgrade our old phones that Verizon had to basically throw the phones at us to get us to upgrade. I so love it when procrastination actually pays off, because you know that almost never happens.

Now I can check the tracking on my Zappos.com order to see when my new boots will arrive no matter where I am. My dvds from Netflix should be coming soon, too. What did people do before the internet? And is it sad that I am already addicted to my new crackberry?

No comments: