Seven plus me by the sea


8 Cakes
Originally uploaded by Tracy27


I planted a seed and watched it grow into something beautiful. You see, I had this Good Idea to get away for a weekend and spend it at the beach in Florida near my hometown. I mentioned this Good Idea to a group of my friends, just a casual suggestion, and I was pleasantly surprised that seven of them said yes.

I found us a beach house with six bedrooms and six bathrooms and an open living room with a back porch for eating and a front porch for coffee drinking, the beach so close that you could see and hear it while sipping and waiting for the house to wake up.

So much talking and laughter. Dancing on sand. Watching the sunset. Not wanting each day to end and fighting sleep until you fall over from fatigue. Not wanting to miss anything. Enjoying it all too much.

I am on day three of my return from this mini-break and I am still smiling, still saturated in contentment from the sun and sea and the love of all of my friends.

5 comments:

O said...

I love your photo :) looks like a lot of wonderful girl power there! How I long for a getaway like you described. :) Glad you all had a nice time. HLT!

ELK said...

such a great photo ~ I know you had so much fun!! HLT

Anonymous said...

I love that, you all look so happy. I need a girls weekend myself!

thekreativelife said...

This is a WONDERFUL photo! It sounds like you had a great time! Nothing like sharing a little time with good friends.

Tracy27 said...

How did I fail to see this entry? I'm still wearing that dumb little shell anklet I got at the pub our first night there, and I can't bring myself to take it off even though it's getting a bit dingy and gets in the way when I shave. I'm so, so glad you sprouted that awesome weekend for us. I can't wait till the next one.