Uneasy like Sunday morning.

1. The floor is stained and will be sealed tomorrow, I hope. I am tired of home improvement projects and cannot wait until we can take a break already. Also, I have learned that no project that Dave starts stays within budget. Did you know that polyurethane floor sealant costs $40 per gallon? I didn't either and by the time I picked myself up off the floor and recovered from that dead faint, Dave had already walked away and started cleaning up the rented sander to turn in tomorrow morning. Dave and his improvement projects are going to be the death of me yet. That brings me to...

2. Dave and I have been fighting today. About money. And I am sick and tired of it because it is literally the same fight we always have. I feel like I should say, "wait a minute; let me go find my script." After a lot of yelling, we are at an impasse. Until the next time, that is.

3. My friend, who I was all ready to give another chance after she about blew off our relationship, did not come to visit this weekend like she said she was going to. She did not call or email to say she was or was not coming, therefore I am guessing that she has made the choice I previously described as difficult much easier for me. I wish her the best of luck in all of her future endeavors as I wash my hands of her. Hopefully, she will eventually learn to treat people a little better.

4. I've been busy today with chores. I did the laundry, washed both dogs, cleaned and replaced the screens on all of our windows, straightened the house, and cooked dinner. For the rest of the day day I plan to do nothing more than read a book and drink some of my newly acquired Black Box wine that is both delicious and contains a convenient spout for easier dispensing. It is also vacuum sealed, so will last up to 4 weeks...though I will most likely have consumed it all by then, if my dealings with Dave continue to be as stressful as they were today.

5. I'm going to go and drink more wine now as I count down the minutes until bed time. I sure hope that next week is a lot easier on me than this one has been.

2 comments:

bluesleepy said...

Oh sweetie... I'm thinking of you!! I'm sort of glad your friend didn't show up; it made your life easier. I need to try this Black Box wine; it sounds delicious. Many hugs to you, my friend.

Tracy27 said...

Oh man, I can't believe your friend pulled the proverbial football out from under your foot right when you were finally ready to give her another chance. Her loss, 100%.

I wonder if every marriage has some version of that same script, just with different plotlines? I know ours does; I feel sometimes like we should just record it, hit play and lay down with cold washcloths on our heads till it's over instead of wasting energy on a live repeat. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you guys had another rehearsal of yours this weekend.

Cheers to a much better week to come, lady!