I am in love with a robot

This one, as a matter of fact:


(© Disney/Pixar)

I saw Wall-E over the weekend and it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I think the story was well done and the graphics were everything we've come to expect from Pixar and more. Wall-E is such an endearing character because he is so flawed and hopelessly romantic...wishing for more than his lonely existence on earth. Plus, look at that little robot face! What's not to love? Go see it. I promise you will enjoy it and it will be worth your ten dollar ticket and twelve dollar popcorn, candy and coke combo.

What else? Oh, it stormed last night. It hasn't stormed that hard since...well...oh, yeah, since I rode my motorcycle home on the day my in-laws were arriving from out-of-town. What was so neat about this storm, though, is that it was threatening all afternoon while Dave and I went and ran a few errands. Right when we pulled into the driveway, it started raining really hard. It waited until we were home to really get rough. We were already eating dinner when the lightning started, so we hurried to get done so we could watch the show. In Florida, we had severe thunderstorms all the time, but here in Georgia, they are rare. Mostly, it is just hot. And humid.

So the storm was short-lived and Dave and I watched it from the safety of our garage. Then, when it was all but over, the sky turned this amazing orange color (due to the setting sun) and there was a rainbow and also the departing lightning. So I grabbed my camera and captured this:


(Click here to see the lightning in action.)

1 comment:

Tracy27 said...

I just went to see Wall-E too - it's amazing how well they told the story with so few words, and it's quite a pointed social commentary, too.