I do solemnly swear that I am up to no good

I have been drowning in work lately and it is beginning to wear on me quite a bit. L left the middle of December and I keep asking when she will be replaced, only to be put off again and again. I finally had it this week and went over my direct supervisor's head to the President of the company. I don't know why, but my supervisor is intimidated by our president. Some of his excuses for putting off requesting a new assistant for me:

1. We are going to wait until after the holidays. (10 weeks ago)
2. I'll talk to Mr. B about it after the convention. (3 weeks ago)
3. I'll talk to Mr. B about it when he is in a better mood. (Used several times)
4. I know! I'll talk to Mr. B's son about it and he can present the idea to his dad. (WTF? 1 week ago)
5. Haven't had a chance to bring it up. (Monday)

It was excuse number five that finally pushed me past my patience threshold. As soon as those words left my supervisor's mouth, I looked at him and said not to worry about it, that I'd request a meeting with Mr. B that afternoon. And I did. The meeting lasted 10 minutes and I am getting an assistant, finally! But now my supervisor is MAD at me. As in avoiding me and barely speaking to me at all. So professional, don't you think?

In other news, I am having surgery next week to correct an issue that may be preventing me from being able to get pregnant. It isn't that big of a deal, being outpatient and all, but I do not like to be cut on so I am a little bit nervous. I hope they give me some really good drugs that knock me right out. I do not want to know what is going on in that operating room.

Dave came home on Wednesday, only to turn right back around and leave again on Thursday. He has a Scottish Games in Jacksonville and rode down with someone who has family there and wanted to take a long weekend to visit with them. I hope he has fun, but I wish he'd come home to stay already (he'll be back on Sunday, so my whining is just me being whiny).

I am going to an Ellis Paul concert this weekend with L. I can't wait to see her smiling face; I've missed her.

Now, it's back to work for me. I admit I am excited to see how this political storm I've initiated plays out. It's just wait and see time - will my supervisor get over it and get me some help now that the position has been approved? All I can say is, my part here is done. Mischief Managed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you for bypassing that idiot and going straight to the top. What lameass excuses. I hope you get your assistant ASAP.

Surgery, whether inpatient or out, is never fun. I am sending lots of JP and love to you.

Tracy27 said...

Chelle, if your supervisor doesn't want to lose you over burnout and having an even bigger personnel issue on his hands, then he should be thanking his lucky stars that you took that clearly horrifying task out of his hands and did it for him.

I hope the surgery is all best-case scenarios for you, lady; in fact, I have every confidence it will be. Take care of you!